8 Hour HazwoperThis course is designed to reflect the training requirements for employees working on-site that are exposed or potentially exposed to hazardous substances, health hazards, or safety hazards. Employees cannot participate in or supervise field activities until they have been trained to a level required by their job function. Participants will be shown PPE specific to First Responder Awareness & Operations Level response and go over an emergency response plan in recognition of a HAZMAT incident.
- Understand what hazardous materials are and the risks associated with them in an incident.
- Understand the potential outcomes associated with an emergency when hazardous materials are present.
- Have the ability to recognize the presence of hazardous materials in an emergency, and the ability to identify the hazardous materials, if possible.
- Understand the role of the first responder awareness individual in the employer’s emergency response plan, including site security and control and the U.S. Department of Transportation’s Emergency Response Guidebook.
- Have the ability to realize the need for additional resources and to make appropriate notifications to the communications center.
- Gain knowledge of the basic hazard and risk assessment techniques and know how to select and use proper PPE provided to the First Responder Operations Level personnel.
- Understand basic hazardous materials and terms.
- Know how to perform basic control, containment, and/or confinement operations with the capabilities of the resources and PPE available with their unit.
- Know how to implement basic decontamination procedures, relevant standard operating procedures, and termination procedures.
- Duration 1 Day
- Start Time 7:30 am
- End Time 4:00 pm
- Prereqs None
- Certificate Yes
- OSHA Compliant Yes
Back to course listings
If you have any questions, or would like a full course description emailed to you, please contact Cindy.337-237-9486