Defensive DrivingThis course is designed to familiarize students of the hazards while driving, and to ensure the safety of all employees driving light and medium duty vehicles.
- Understand that good defensive driving skills keep hazards from turning emergencies, prevent crashes, serious injuries and vehicular damage, and help your company keep operating costs under control.
- Recognize that reducing risk begins with a solid trip plan and pre-trip inspection.
- Understand hazard perception and the techniques that help drivers anticipate potential hazards.
- Identify the most common hazards, including distracted drivers, pedestrians, and construction zones.
- Understand how to manage speed and space to maintain a safety cushion around all sides of the vehicle.
- Realize that safety is enhanced when drivers operate with a good attitude toward other drivers.
- Identify the tell-tale signs of distracted drivers, recognize different types of distractions, safely deal with and avoid those distractions, and deal with weather hazards, including fog, rain, snow, and ice.
- Duration Half Day
- Start Time 7:30 am
- End Time 11:30 am
- Prereqs None
- Certificate Yes
- OSHA Compliant N/A
Back to course listings
If you have any questions, or would like a full course description emailed to you, please contact Cindy.337-237-9486