DOT HM 126This course is designed to help identify and properly label and package all hazardous materials for safe transportation. Anyone who handles, transports, packages, or manifests hazardous materials must do so per the requirements set forth by the U.S. Department of Transportation (DOT). Participants will be shown various tables, charts, labels, placards, and packaging examples required in hazards communication, and they will also be able to comprehend the DOT HAZMAT Table.
- Obtain general awareness, in reference to handling hazardous materials, and explain the considerations for determining what is considered a hazardous material.
- Understand how hazardous materials must be handled for all modes of transportation.
- Recognize how to properly prepare shipping documents and paperwork required for transportation.
- Understand how to properly package and mark various types of hazardous materials.
- Know the requirements for loading and unloading various types of hazardous materials.
- Provide emergency response information to quickly identify the materials involved in accidents and how establishing evacuation zones could help prevent the loss of life and property and mitigate the problem sooner.
- Become aware of the regulations, fines, and penalties that will apply if the handling of hazardous materials is done incorrectly.
- Duration Half Day
- Start Time 7:30 am
- End Time 11:30 am
- Prereqs None
- Certificate Yes
- OSHA Compliant Yes
Back to course listings
If you have any questions, or would like a full course description emailed to you, please contact Cindy.337-237-9486